Richmond Lodge #649
Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks
2100 US Highway 27 South
Richmond, IN 47374
HOUSE RULES AND CODE OF CONDUCT
Proposed November 9, 2009
To be voted upon December 14, 2009
Dues and Fees
As a member of Richmond ELKS Lodge #649, you are responsible for annual membership dues in the amount of $50.00. As a member of this Lodge #649, you are also responsible for annual membership operational fees of $730.00. The dues and fees may be paid for by cash, check, or credit card. The following payment options are available:
1-Monthly Plan for Fees
You may set up a monthly account by signing a contract. This contract will stipulate that your fees payment of $60.83 per month will be billed on the 1st day of the month and due by the last day of every month.
2-Annual Plan for Dues and Fees
Members must pay $50.00 for dues plus $730.00 for fees on or before April 1st. If your payments for dues and Fees are late 30 days, your Lodge #649 privileges will be immediately suspended until your Dues & Fees are made current.
Life members shall pay $40.00 for dues on or before April 1st of each year. Operational fees of $600.00 may be paid under any of the two plans outlined above. If option 1 is selected, life members must sign a contract for that plan.
Payments for fees are billed on the first day of each month and are due no later than the 15th day of the next month. Account charges made in the Pro Shop, the 19th Hole, and Pool are billed in arrears on the first day of each month for the previous month’s charges and are due no later than the 15th of the month in which you are billed. Members who have not paid by the 15th of that month are considered past-due and their Lodge #649 charge privileges will be suspended until all charges on their account are made current. Members who have not paid their account charges in full by the last day of any given month in which these are due will be considered delinquent. Delinquent members will be notified by letter, delivered via regular US Mail, that their Lodge #649 membership privileges have been placed on probationary status.
Members who have been placed on probationary status will have all Lodge #649, Pro Shop, 19th Hole, and Pool privileges immediately suspended. These privileges will only be restored after payment in full for all current charges has been cleared. Members placed on probationary status will also have all their member account charge privileges in the Pro Shop, 19th Hole, and Pool suspended for six (06) months. All purchases for golf and/or food and drink must be paid with cash or credit card during this six (06) month time frame. After the six (06) month period, the Trustees shall, when petitioned by the member, consider reinstating member account charge privileges to this member.
Delinquent accounts not made current within thirty (30) days of the date that the member was placed on probation shall be notified by certified mail that their account shall be processed in small claims court or be turned over to a collection agency if remuneration is not made within fifteen (15) days of the date of the letter. Members who are turned over to small claims court or assigned to a collection agency will have their membership terminated and notification will be sent to the office of the Grand Exalted Ruler. Accounts turned over for collection and/or small claims court shall be liable for interest charges at the rate of 2% per month until paid and also will be assessed all charges necessary for collection of the account.
Members having been processed in this manner will not be eligible for future membership in ELKS Lodge #649 for a period of twelve (12) months AFTER restitution has been made in full.
Lodge #649 dues are never refundable, regardless of the circumstances.
Members may be eligible for a partial refund or suspension of operational fees only in certain cases.
- When a member has received a work transfer that results in said member moving from the Wayne County area, a refund will be made if the member has pre-paid fees for the year or half-year. A refund will be made on a prorated basis, based upon the eight (08) month cycle.
If the member has been on a monthly contract, the contract will be voided at the next billing cycle
Only if the member is current on his contract and all charges are paid in full.
- In the instance where the member has become deceased, a refund of unused operational fees will be made based upon a prorated basis using a twelve (12) month cycle. If the member was on a monthly contract, the contract will be voided effective the date of his death.
- Refunds of operational fees due to incapacitation due to injury or illness will be only be made in instances of permanent disability and will be prorated on the eight (12) month cycle from the date that the permanent disability is awarded.
Members may be eligible for a refund or suspension of golf contract fees only in certain cases.
- When a member has received a work transfer that results in said member moving from the Wayne County area, a refund will be made if the member has pre-paid the contract in full. This refund will be made on a prorated basis, based upon the eight (12) month cycle. No refund will be made for the months of December through March. If the said member was on a contract, the contract will be voided at the beginning of the next billing cycle only if the member is current on his contract and all charges are paid in full.
- In the instance where a member has become deceased, a refund of unused prepaid golf fees will be made based upon a prorated basis using a twelve (12) month golf cycle. If the member was on a golf contract, the contract will be voided effective the date of his death.
- In an instance where a member becomes incapacitated due to injury or illness to the extent that he is unable to play golf, a prorated refund may be given ONLY when the member requests such a signed, written request and said request is documented with a physician’s official statement of incapacity to play. A refund of unused prepaid golf fees will be based upon a prorated basis using a twelve (12) month golf cycle. In the event that the member is able to return to play, charges will resume immediately based upon the same twelve (12) month golf cycle. In an instance where the member is on a golf contract, the contract will be suspended at the beginning of the next billing cycle only if the member is current on his contract and all charges are paid in full. In the event the member is returned to playing status, the contract will be immediately reinstated effective the first of the month he begins playing again at the rate of the monthly contract.
Any visiting member of any other ELKS Lodge may visit the Richmond #649 Lodge in accordance with Grand Lodge bylaws upon presentation of a current ELKS membership card. Visiting members may pay reduced daily rates as offered for golf. In the event that the visiting member is desirous of purchasing a golf membership or of making any other use of the Lodge facilities or of attending other Lodge functions, it will be necessary for said member to pay the monthly operational fee of $60.83 per month up to a total of $730.00. If the visiting member desires to make a one-time lump sum payment based upon the number of months he will be using the Lodge facilities, he may do so at the rate of $60.83 per month, up to a total of $730.00.
NEW MEMBER PROCEDURES
Once a candidate applies for membership, they are moved into the election and initiation process. The following rules apply during the completion of this process:
- A special discount may apply for new candidates and new members paying golf fees before or at initiation with approval from the Trustees, in accordance with the rules and guidelines of any advertised special. After the term of the special discount has expired, the member will be charged at the regular prevailing rate for dues and fees.
- Once a candidate has applied for membership in the Richmond Lodge #649 and paid the first installment of dues, the Lodge Secretary shall issue the candidate a Lodge member number and the candidate may begin charging for all Lodge services. The candidate must decide upon a payment plan, and appropriate contracts signed, before this member number will be issued.
- No candidate shall be initiated until he/she attends the indoctrination.
- Initiations are held in March, June, September and December, or as needed.
- If a candidate is invited to three (03) initiations and fails to be in attendance at all three (03), said candidate’s application will be cancelled and all dues and fees paid will be forfeited. In the event that candidate prepaid fees, a prorated refund will be made based upon the eight (12) month cycle.
Any member requesting a Lodge #649 Demit shall send a letter stating such to the Lodge #649 Secretary and Exalted Ruler. Upon receipt of the request, a determination that the member’s account is paid in full. If said member has indeed been found to be current on all accounts, the Lodge #649 Secretary and Exalted Ruler will proceed to issue the requested Demit. All Demits shall be dated from the date that the request letter was received by the Lodge #649 Secretary. Backdating of Demits shall NEVER be approved. A member who has been granted a Demit shall not be eligible for reinstatement for a period of twelve (12) months. Any special circumstances shall be brought to the Trustees for their review and recommendation, which shall be brought to the Lodge #649 floor at a regularly scheduled Lodge #649 meeting.
LODGE DAYS AND HOURS OF OPERATION
The Trustees shall be responsible for the approval of ALL Lodge #649 hours and days of operation. Lodge #649 hours/days of operation shall be posted in at least two (02) common areas of the Lodge throughout the year. Current Lodge #649 hours may be accessed via the Lodge #649’s Voice Mail system. The General Manager may also be permitted to make temporary daily changes to the operational hours of the 19th Hole, based upon the volume of business for any particular day.
From time to time, members may make a request for donations to some particular cause. Such requests MUST be brought to the floor at a regularly scheduled meeting of the Lodge #649. ALL REQUESTS received will be tabled for discussion by the Exalted Ruler and referred to the Trustees for evaluation and recommendation. After this examination has been completed by the Trustees, a report will be brought back to the floor at the next regularly scheduled Lodge #649 meeting.
The Trustees shall annually budget for all donations made by the Lodge #649. Should additional requests subsequently made fall outside of the annual budgeted amount, the Trustees may make a recommendation to the Lodge #649 floor for approval of such requests, ONLY WHEN THE LODGE #649 FINANCIAL CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR THE ALLOCATION OF THE REQUEST.
All other monetary requests made before the Trustees, which fall outside of the Annual Budget, must be sent to the Trustees for evaluation and recommendation before being presented to the Lodge #649 floor for consideration. ALL SUCH REQUESTS SHALL ONLY BE APPROVED WHEN THE LODGE #649 FINANCIAL CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR THE ALLOCATION OF THE REQUEST.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Each member of Richmond ELKS Lodge #649 must carry her/his current membership card for admittance to this Lodge facility and must willfully display said membership card if so requested.
- Visiting ELKS members must carry her/his current membership card from her/his home Lodge and must willfully display said membership card if so requested.
- The privileges of the golf club, which are made possible only by the Richmond Lodge #649, are for ELKS in good standing only, who are members of the Richmond ELKS Lodge #649.
- As matter of policy, the golf club privileges are extended to all ELKS in good standing and their guests, those guests being requested to sign the register in the Pro Shop. Any member pf Lodge #649, in good standing, shall be permitted to introduce a person(s) not an ELKS member (who reside outside the jurisdiction of this Lodge #649) into the 19th Hole, the Lodge facility, the Pool and/or golf course at such times and under such conditions and rules as may be adopted by the Lodge #649.
- Members in good standing may bring a guest, who resides in the jurisdiction of Lodge #649, a maximum of three (03) times during any one calendar year.
- The conduct and indebtedness of all guests shall be the responsibility of those ELKS members hosting them. When the hosting member leaves the Lodge facilities, the guests must also vacate the premises.
- There will be a dress code of casual attire for all ELKS members and their guests in all areas outside of the Pool facility. Swimwear must be covered with proper attire and proper foot attire worn when entering the 19th Hole and/or Pro Shop. On the golf course, only attire acceptable to the USGA, PGA and LPGA shall be worn.
- Management reserves the right to designate certain formal events as “special attire only” and shall post such events prior to the event date.
- The Governing Body of the Richmond ELKS Lodge #649 shall consist of the top four (04) Lodge chairs and five trustees. Each trustee and the Lodge chairs, excluding the Exalted Ruler, each have one (01) vote on matters before this body. In the event any vote is evenly tied, the Exalted Ruler shall cast the deciding vote. The Dining Room/19th Hole is under the direct management of the General Manager.
- Opening and closing hours of the bar and dining room shall be posted for all members in a public location accessible to all members. Said schedule shall be determined by the Governing Body and published in the monthly newsletter. Operational hours may be adjusted by the General Manager on a daily basis as necessitated by volume of business and/or weather maximum of two (02) times per week.
- Lodge and Club facilities are primarily designed for the benefit and enjoyment of Lodge #649 members. Private functions/banquets are available by reservation with the General Manager, in conjunction with the normal operational events of the Lodge and Golf Course. Grievances regarding the scheduling of outside events must be presented in writing to the Governing Body for consideration.
- Members MUST refrain from reprimanding ANY employee in public. Complaints regarding conduct or service of an employee must be presented in writing to the Governing Body, through the General Manager. In the event the General Manager is the subject of complaint, the written complaint must be presented to the Trustee chair, for consideration by the Governing Body.
- Members and their guests must conduct themselves in a gentlemanly or lady-like manner. Profane, obscene, indecent language on the Lodge property is prohibited, with especial concern for the 19th Hole and Banquet areas. This is a FAMILY facility and members must conduct themselves in a manner that recognizes the fact that children are often present. Violations of this rule or any House rule may subject the violating member to disciplinary action by the Governing Body. Any such action will only take place after the violating member has had an opportunity to appeal to the Governing Body.
- Good housekeeping and cleanliness is expected in all areas of the Lodge facility, including the Golf Course. Members can help maintain lower employee costs by cleaning up after themselves. Your cooperation in maintaining our building and course will be appreciated.
- No member shall post any signs, placards, or advertisements anywhere on Lodge grounds that do not constitute a Lodge activity, without the written permission of the Governing Body.
- Absolutely no food, beverages, liquor, or beer shall be catered or brought unto Lodge premises without permission from the Governing Body and/or General Manager.
- The Richmond ELKS Lodge #649 shall NOT be responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items at any time.
- No membership activities, including the bar, shall be permitted to take place during the time designated for ELKS Lodge #649 meetings, in compliance with the Statutes of the Order.
- Non-member employees, when not on duty, may use the facilities ONLY as the guest of a member; only the Governing Body may make exceptions.
- Guest(s) taking part in special activities must adhere to all of the House Rules and Code of Conduct as imposed upon members of Richmond ELKS Lodge #649. For charity gaming events open to the public, NO CREDIT SHALL BE EXTENDED to non-members, unless they are a guest(s) of a member in good standing. Those members having guest(s) shall be responsible for any and all indebtedness created by their guest(s) that remains unpaid.
- Bartenders and waitresses have been instructed to refuse alcoholic beverages to members and/or guest(s) who are, in their judgment, intoxicated. No grievance may be filed with the Governing Body in regards to this matter.
- Purchases by members from vendors at or through the Lodge for purposes other than for the expressed use of the Lodge and/or Club are STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
These rules may be changed or rescinded by the Governing Body at any time that the best interests of the Lodge deem it proper, and as provided by the Laws of the Order, provided that all amendments hereto must be read in writing and read at a regular session of the Lodge.
A complaint against any member violating any of the foregoing rules must be made either in person before the Governing Body, while in session, or in writing, and such written statement must be presented to the Governing Body and signed by the petitioner.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES LODGE CHAIRS
Dated the____ day of _________, 2009 at Richmond, Indiana 47374